The Saree epitomises elegance and femininity in woman. Sarees are the outfit of choice for festivities and form an integral part of every bride's trousseau. As a matter of fact, how you drape a saree is all what matters. To wear the saree well, you must get the drape right.
Are you someone (like so many of us) who doesn’t know how to wear a saree? Do you go wrong with the pleats or the length of pallu that goes off beam at times? If yes, then there’s an amazing piece of fashion that has come to the rescue called the readymade sarees or pre-stitched sarees.
Origin of Pre-stitched Sarees
The pre-stitched sarees made appearance between the early and mid-2000s. Celebrated designers like Anamika Khanna conceptualized this idea of pre-stitched sarees for their foreign clients who had inclination towards Indian ethic wear. Gradually, the idea of pre-stitched sarees was later popularized by Indian working women too. Today, you will find gorgeous ready to wear sarees in plethora of patterns, fabrics, designs, colours, and styles. The pre stitched saree has a dress time of 30 seconds which indeed is the ideal answer to the modern need for the round the clock efficiency.
Benefits of Ready to wear sarees
- Pre-stitched Sarees are best suited for women who have no knowledge of how to drape a saree. Great for working ladies who want to wear a saree to work but face time constraints.
- Easy to drape and ensures even pleats. Ready to wear sarees can be worn by anybody without the fuss of tucking, pleating and adjusting the pallu length.
- There is no unnecessary fabric tucked into the underskirt which makes the silhouette of the wearer slimmer and sophisticated.
- Pre-Stitched saree is a skirt with pleats which is already lined. Therefore, you don't need to wear a petticoat or underskirt with this saree.
- One of the best advantages of pre-stitched sarees is that they fit different sizes without alteration.
- Ready to wear sarees are available in different fabrics like silk, chiffon, net, georgette, cotton, jacquard, satin blends, polyester blends and viscose. The best thing about pre-stitched sarees is that they are made with stretchable fabrics like spandex and Lycra that fit marginal sizes.
- Ready to wear sarees are available in all fashion forward styles such as lehnga saree, double fabrics pr contrast fabric saree, saree with frill borders, ruffled saree, dhoti style saree, cascading pleated saree etc.
Trending Ready to Wear Sarees or Pre-stitched Sarees
Pre-stitched sarees are an exciting option for those who want to jazz up their ethnic look without losing the elegance and beauty of the saree. These sarees are perfect for wedding reception, cocktail parties, or an anniversary party.
Let’s take a look at unique styles of ready to wear sarees.
- Ready to wear saree in the ruffle style is perfect to wear for a party function. You can play with plain coloured sarees and pair it with the matching blouse having embroidery work.
- Pre-stitched saree can be paired with the ready to wear unique saree blouse of fringe style. This will make your outfit look more beautiful.
- You can also opt to wear a coffee brown ruffle style designer pre-stitched saree. Your ruffle style saree should be plain coloured and must have heavily embellished stylish blouse.
- Stand out in the crowd by wearing white coloured party wear pre-stitched saree which has decorated zari and thread work all over and around the border. To make your look elegant and classy, don’t forget to wear contrasting blouse with embroidery work.
Tips for choosing the right Ready to wear saree
- At first, you should be able to identify your perfect size and decide which size to order, since it is pre-stitched to fit a specific size.
- You should pick the right ready-to-wear saree fabric. Chiffon and Georgette sarees look good on women with hourglass figure. While cotton pre-stitched sarees look beautiful on women who have toned body and are lean. Silk and Crepe fabrics look perfect on all body types.
- Pre-stitched sarees mostly come in plain and shiny fabrics; they are not heavily embellished. To balance out your outfit’s look, you must opt for designer blouse without giving an over the top-too decked up vibe.
- You must choose the blouse design wisely while buying a ready to wear saree. Some of the popular blouse designs include jacket blouse, spaghetti strap blouse, deep-neck blouse, and backless blouse.
- When buying a ready-made saree, you must also keep your complexion in mind. Choose off white and beige colour, if you have a dusky complexion. Pastel hues such as turquoise and peach go well with an olive complexion. Fair complexion women must go for bright colours.
Pre stitched sarees offer convenience and grace. They come with a big time saving advantage. You can wear pre-stitched saree in a single step. It's similar to wearing a skirt. Unlike a regular saree, you don't need to separately wear an underskirt or petticoat. It hardly takes 15 seconds to give you perfectly draped conventional saree look.
Pre-stitched sarees are truly magical for those women who are novice in the art of draping a saree, or women with time constraints. It is one of those attires that even Bollywood celebs swear by. From red carpets events to award ceremonies, wedding festivities, we see gorgeous pre-stitched sarees being donned by our favourite Bollywood actresses. Can't stop obsessing? What are you waiting for? Go spend some money and get ready to slay in dazzling pre-stitched sarees!